A Lesson from Karate Kid

Posted by Stephen

Watch this clip from the classic movie, Karate Kid:



The whole time that Daniel was doing (what he thought was only) mundane chores for Mr. Mayagi was actually training him in karate by getting his muscles to learn basic defensive moves. Daniel thought he was being duped by the karate master into doing work around the house for free, but he was being systematically prepared for the challenge to come, even while he didn't know what was going on.

This is how God often works in our lives. We get frustrated because of our situation or position in life, but God is silently training us for the challenges that lie ahead. Looking back at my life, I can see the times that I was being trained by God for something he wanted me to do later in life. I didn't appreciate the training, or even know it was happening, but in hindsight, it has proved invaluable to me.

If you are old enough, you can look back at our life and see the times God was preparing you under the radar for such a challenge. If you can't think of any times like that, God is probably preparing you right this moment for a challenge ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment