Meet the Staff: Perry Johnson

Posted by Perry

I was born April 2, 1959 in Seminole, Texas to Harold and Wanda Johnson, who also served as a pastor in the Baptist Missionary Association. I came to know the Lord as my Savior during the night in my bedroom in 1969.
I began my full time Christian Ministry as Minister of Music & Youth at the Bellaire Baptist Church, Port Arthur, Texas, August 1980 while attending Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas. I served the Lake Highland Baptist Church as Minister of Music, Youth and Education for 8 years beginning July 1984 and surrendered to preach January 26, 1986. In May of 1992 I accepted the position of Music, Youth and Education with the 1st Providence Baptist church of Livingston, Texas. I began my pastoral ministry by accepting the call to the 1st Baptist Church of Talco, Texas and was ordained August 29, 1993.
I accepted the Lord's call to Arkansas in February 1997 and served as Pastor of the Bethany Baptist Church, Spring Hill community just outside of Hope until July 2004 when I began my ministry with the Central Baptist Church of Prescott, Arkansas August 1, 2004. I married Linda Dickerson June 28, 1980 in her home town of San Augustine, Texas.
My ministry opportunities at Central, Prescott include being the President of the Nevada County Ministerial Alliance which exists to help the hurting and serve those in need. I also serve as Police Chaplain for Arkansas State Police -Troop G, Nevada Co. Sheriff's office and Prescott Police Department.

0 comments:

Post a Comment