A Lesson from the Hillcrest Sing-A-Long

Posted by Stephen

I am often amazed at worship. I am always amazed at the One we worship; but there are facets about worship itself that fascinate me. Being born in the late 80's, I tend to gravitate to the modern worship scene. People like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and Leeland are the ones who "speak my language" when it comes to worship music.

But today during the Hillcrest Sing-A-Long, I understood more clearly that worship transcends styles and genres, worship is about the heart. As we sang from the Heavenly Highway Hymnal (which I can count on one hand how many times I have used), I noticed some of the residents in pure worship. They were like me at the recent Leeland concert: they were simply worshipping the God who created them and the Savior who redeemed them.
So, Heavenly Highway or Modern Worship? Fiddle or Electric Guitar? We all have our preferences, but these aren't the point. The point is that worship is more than music, it's about our heart crying out in adoration to our God who is worthy of our praise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment